Cleaning out your closet, streamlining it and only keeping what you actually wear. By this way, you can cut your time in the morning when you get ready and you also seem to reduce the clutter. But, an extra benefit you can get is, all the stuff that you want to get rid of can actually sell and make you a little extra cash on the side, which you can further reinvest on your wardrobe. It is actually a win-win scenario. Moreover, business of resale clothing has grown to $16 billion industry.
As compared to electronic items, clothes have a relatively less resale value. But, still you can manage to make some good cash if you have your own clothes and items. First of all, you need to pick where you want to sell. Now, there are a lot of platforms out there online which all are really good. So, in this article, you will get to know the right platforms to successfully sell your clothes online.
Poshmark is the highly recommended online marketplace for couple of different reasons. One, it’s very simple to do. It’s probably the easiest one to start selling with. All you need to do is download the app, fill in the required information, or you can log in with Facebook. After you are done with it, you can then start selling your clothes. The second thing is, they are more focused on clothing, so everything on Poshmark is clothing, accessories like watches, sunglasses and shoes. You can also sell stuff like book and bags. This selling platform makes easier to post items, which makes it the most popular platform to sell your clothes.
It’s an online consignment store that sells gently used clothing items. They sell stuff like shoes and accessories for women as well as children. thredUP is a good option for busy parents. It initially served only for kids clothing. Since, kids outgrow their clothes very quickly, but they expanded their business for women as well. With thredUP, all you have to do is put your gently used clothes in a shipping bag and mail to them. Their team will do sorting and label a price tag to your items. Anything which does not look suitable, would donate to the charity. It delivers 80% of the resale profit. And, if you feel like getting the items back then you need to pay $12.99 fee for the return to happen.
It allows you sell directly from your wardrobe. You can choose the clothes and take photos of them. And, you can leave all on them from shipping to handling all the chaotic business of returns. Tradesy also proposes the price of clothing items and allows you to place it as well. They also claim to provide 15% more sale price than other platforms. Tradesy only keeps 9% commission fee, whereas you keep the remaining. Thus, it allows you keep more money in your pocket than others. Yet, this platform seems to go well with designer and expensive clothes, instead of affordable ones.
Most of the people overlook the crucial thing, and that is to take good pictures. Keep in mind that your goal is to de-clutter your closet so get rid of that as soon as possible and make some extra cash, which is an added bonus. Therefore, with good photos of your clothes, you can sell your items quickly. You need to have a good phone or camera for this purpose. It is recommended to go outside or take pictures under natural light. That way, you can take some quality pictures. However, all of these apps provide in-built filters to turn your normal image into beauty.
Where to Sell Clothes Online to Make Money: 5 Popular Places to Try Out
Believe it or not, it is possible to sell clothes online and make some real money! Read and discover the best and most popular places to sell clothes online!
Looking for a way to make some extra money? Look no further and open your wardrobe! Did you know that your wardrobe is the first place in your home to look for extra cash?
Believe it or not, it is possible to sell clothes online and make some real money. By selling old or unused clothes you can make extra cash and invest it in new pieces of clothes or in something else. But where to sell clothes online?
Don’t worry as we got you covered! To make the most money from your selling business, you should take into consideration the following websites:
- ThredUp – This is probably one of the most popular online clothing consignment places on the web. They accept both men and women’s clothing, as well as, children’s. You can also sell shoes and handbags. Once you will create your own account, you will receive a bag called “Clean Out” which allows you to ship your items for free. Once ThredUp receives this bag, you will get paid (it is approximately 20% of resale value per product) and the items that won’t sell will be donated to charity. If you want, you can use the online calculator to estimate exactly how much you will earn for all of your items if you decide to ship them off.
- Tradesy – Another great and very popular clothing marketplace. Here you can sell clothing, shoes, bags, accessories, and wedding. In order to sell, you need to create a listing based on the brand name of the item and its quality. The next step is uploading photos of the items. Once you are done, Tradesy will optimize your items in order to increase each item’s popularity. All items are shipped for free. When one of your items sell, you can choose whether you want to receive store credit or you just want to be paid by bank account, PayPal or debit card.
- Poshmark – This is one of the many online clothing websites that allow you to sell men’s clothing. If you want, you can also sell women’s and children’s clothing, bags, and shoes. The listing procedure takes about one minute per item as you have to upload a few photos and write a short product description. They have a mobile application, so you can download the app and complete the process from there. Once one of your items sell, you will receive mail with prepaid shipping boxes which the postal carrier will pick up and deliver directly to the buyer.
- Crossroads – Another great website where you can sell clothes online. You can sell name brand clothing by mailing the items directly to the processing center. They have brick-and-mortar location so if you live near Crossroads location, you can take the items you want to sell here. Before mailing off your clothes to the processing center, make sure to pay attention to their official selling guide to discover which items are popular at the moment.
- The RealReal – This is a luxury consignor of women’s and men’s clothing, accessories, shoes, and jewelry. You have two options – you can either mail your items or use the free in-home pickup. On this website, all items sell within 30 days and the best items sell within 3 days or less. When your item sells, you will keep around 70% of the sale price.
Besides these websites, you could also check Shopify, Craigslist, Mercari, Rebagg, Depop, Storenvy, CafePress, Zazzle, Bonanza, and Pinterest.
Read more about https://topnotchloot.com/how-to-run-a-successful-business-online