Interested in selling your old clothes for money online? Here is how to sell clothes for money like a pro – follow these 3 extra helpful tips!
If you planning to sell clothes for money online, we suggest you to do it as quickly as you can! 4 years ago, in 2012, Alexandra Marquez sold 10 pieces of clothing from her closet and she made $300. Today, she is a full-time seller and earns approximately $5000 per month. Her advice is to start now and watch where your dreams and ambitions are going to take you.
In this article, we are going to share some of the best secrets of how to successfully sell clothes for money and become a professional online seller. As long as you follow these tips, you will have no problems at all!
- Set a realistic picture – If you want to gain trust, you must show your potential clientele exactly what you are selling to avoid returns. According to professional sellers, you need to upload at least 4 photos taken from different angles in a natural and soft light. If you are selling blouses and dresses, you need to hand them against a white and simple background. It is very important to zoom in on all the details such as serial numbers, tags, pattern, texture, and if there are any flaws such as stains or marks, make sure to zoom them as well. It is recommendable to have at least one photo of someone wearing the item, simply to give a sense of how it looks like. If you have some creative ideas, don’t hesitate to use them. As long as your photos are in high-resolution you have nothing to worry about.
- Write a killing description – Once you are done with the photos it is time to describe the items you are selling. You probably know that you have to write a description but what you didn’t know is that you need to take this really seriously as this is the most important part. This is the part where you need to convince the customer to purchase the item. You need to include all important information and details in your description such as the style name, the brand, material, size, describe the color, condition, cut, and fit. Other information you should include in the description are heel or platform height on shoes, inseam and waist size on pants and jeans, chest measurement on jackets, the length of skirt and dresses, and etc.
- Set a realistic price – If you want to successfully sell clothes for money online you need to learn how to set a realistic price. Before you set up the price, make sure to do your own research and see what similar items are sold for and how to price your items according to the average prices on the market. You need to estimate the total cost based on what pieces in the current collection of the label are selling for. By analyzing the prices, you will be able to set a realistic price for your items and a price that is fair to you and your customers.
That’s it. These are the top 3 secrets of selling online like a pro! Keep them in mind, follow them, and you will increase the chances of becoming a successful and professional online seller!
Even though there is a lot of competition online, don’t give up. As long as you are selling great pieces of clothing, write a detailed description, use high-quality photos, and your prices are affordable, you will be able to sell everything! Good luck!
The Best and Most Profitable Online Clothes Business Opportunities and Ideas
Searching for a profitable clothing business idea? Take a look at the best online clothes business opportunities and ideas you can start with a low investment!
Many aspiring and creative individuals having experience and knowledge in clothing and fashion industry are looking for profitable and trending apparel business opportunities and ideas in setting up their own online store and small businesses. We have seen amazing changes in the fashion industry for the last couple of years and this is why the clothing wholesale supply is expanding worldwide across different sectors of the industry including women’s, men’s and children wear.
If you are one of those people who is looking for profitable clothing business ideas, you have come to the right place as we are going to share some of the best online clothes business opportunities and ideas you can start with a low investment. Take a look:
- Alteration Service – This business opportunity demands for you to have a creative craft mind and sewing skills. With a low investment, you can start an alteration service online, right from the convenience of your own home. You are your own boss so you will decide whether you want to work full time or part-time. This business idea is promising and there is no doubt that you will make lots of money by helping others find and get the perfect outfit. You can create your own website and start offering your alteration service online. You can use your website to upload photos of your creations and see how your clientele responds to it. It is a great opportunity!
- Boutique Store – This is without a doubt one of the most trending and innovative apparel business ideas in the world. We know that there is a lot of competition, but with a unique idea and passion, you can start your own small boutique store and build your way towards success. Most of the boutique owners sell their own creations but don’t worry if you don’t have any design skills, you can always resell clothing. Instead of a traditional website, we suggest you to create an ecommerce store and allow your potential customers to purchase your items directly from there. You don’t know how to create your own ecommerce store? Easy, all you need to do is find clothing websites templates or more specifically clothing ecommerce websites templates and pick the template you like the most. Customize the template according to your needs and that’s it, you can open your online boutique store.
- Costume Rental – Believe it or not this is a very profitable and successful business idea. You can choose whether you want to sew your own costumes and rent them or you want to buy the costumes and rent them to your clients. By sewing your own costumes, you will be able to offer your clients customized costumes and give them a chance to create their own costumes. You can partner up with theater groups, acting groups, dance groups, schools, and other potential clients that are looking for costume rental services for their acting and stage performances. You can create your own website and offer your costume rental services online. By doing so, you will be able to attract more people and let the word out about your new renting business.
Besides these 3 online clothes business opportunities, you could also open tailoring service online, an online store for t-shirt printing, uniform making, soft toys making, online lingerie shop, maternity clothing, and etc.
There are so many great business opportunities, waiting for you! Take advantage of them now!