If you clean up your closet a little bit, you will find old clothes you don’t wear anymore! You can sell clothes for money online and make some extra cash! Here is how!
Did you know that reselling your old clothes is one of the easiest ways to make extra cash fast? Yes, this is true and as a matter of fact, the clothing relate is currently a $16 billion worth industry.
The best part is that there are so many ways to sell clothes for money. In the past, sellers who wanted to sell clothes online had two choices – list the clothes online on eBay together with 20.000 other similar items or take your stuff to the closest consignment store. So why not start cleaning up your closes a little bit and find all those old pieces of clothes you don’t wear anymore.
Today, you have several websites and apps to choose from and in this article, we are going to present you the most efficient ways to sell clothes for money and make extra cash online. Let’s start:
- For sellers who want everything taken care of – If you want everything to be set up for you, Twice is the perfect platform for you. With this tool, all you have to do is list your old and unwanted clothing and accessories. They will provide you with a label and a shipping bag and will make you an offer after they receive your items. Usually, items sell from 70-90% off the retail price. While most of the retail websites are dedicated to women’s clothing and accessories, Twice also has a men’s section where you can find popular brands like Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren. Currently, more than one million people use the website.
- For social shoppers – We have the perfect app for you! Poshmark is a great app which looks like Instagram. It allows you to buy and sell clothing just like you would sell and buy on eBay. This is a very popular app, it has an extensive community of sellers and buyers who follow each other, star their favorite items and comment on photos. Poshmark has more than 800.000 sellers and more than 1 million shoppers.
- For busy parents – If you are a busy mom but you still want to sell clothes for money online, we have the perfect tool for you. ThredUP is for kids’ clothes but they recently expanded their service and now they include women’s clothing and accessories as well. There are more than 2 million users on the site (usually busy moms) who can’t keep up with how fast their children are outgrown their clothes and don’t have much time to place listings on websites such as eBay, don’t have time to take photos, and etc.
- For label lovers – If you are a fashion fanatic, here is one website for you – SnobSwap. Here you can find clothing and accessories from brands such as Tory Burch, Chanel, Coach, Christian Louboutin, and etc. Also, you can find a Hermes Birkin bag. This is the perfect website for professional women between ages 20 and 45 with good taste and appreciates a good deal.
- For stylish guys – Even though most clothing resale options meet women’s needs, here is a new website on the market, specially designed for men. Most of the clothing for sale is casual and includes t-shirts, hoodies, sneakers, and etc. However, this doesn’t mean it is cheap or low-quality. You can find some really popular brands here such as Allan Edmonds, Alexander Wang, and others.
Regardless of how you choose to do it – one thing is clear – reselling your old clothes is a great way to make money. So, is there something in your closet you want to cash in?
How to Sell Clothes for Money on Instagram: The Ultimate Guide
Looking for a place to sell your old clothes and earn some extra cash? Look no further as Instagram is all you need! Here is how to sell clothes for money on Instagram!
There are a million reasons why you should love and use Instagram – it is a great place to socialize and find your friends, you will discover lots of new products, brands, bloggers, and etc, and it is an endless supply of beautiful and amazing photos. Also, it is a great place to earn some money. Yes, there is a whole world of e-commerce out there and you can make a lot of money by selling your old clothes, clothes that don’t fit you anymore, and etc.
The good news is that this platform attracts a lot of potential buyers and people who are looking to buy some great pieces of clothes for extra affordable prices.
Instagram proved to be a great revenue stream for Ashley Steenhoven who runs a small consignment store in Tennessee. The name of the store is Bloom Designer Finds and she runs the store since January 2014. One day, one of her employees suggested she get online on Instagram to start selling some of her pieces and Steenhoven agreed. At that point of her life, she had never been or used Instagram, which is why she wanted to give it a try. Within a few months, she gathered more than 1000 followers which is a solid number. Her business started to take off really quickly and according to her, that was a result of a combination of the use of hashtags, as well as, word of mouth among her satisfied customers. Today, she has more than 40 sales per day thanks to Instagram which generate almost a quarter of her overall profit.
We hope this story will inspire you and you will take advantage of Instagram and its huge money-making potential. Here is how to start your own Instagram store and start selling clothes for money online!
- Start with a post about who you are, what your small business is all about, include some background information, and try to make people feel comfortable when shopping your items.
- The next thing you should do is come up with your own shopping policies post. You need to come up with your own hashtag so you and your customers can use it in every future post. Also, you need to think of things such as shipping and delivery, when payment is required, whether or not you will be able to ship internationally, and etc. It is recommendable to include your email address or contact number so people know where and how to reach you if they have any questions.
- According to experts, it is recommendable to include the shipping price in your amount. If the shipping is not included in the price, people will think it is more expensive to purchase your products. Make sure to make a note of that so your buyers know exactly what they are paying for.
- When posting your items for sale, include hashtags related to the items you are selling, the name of your store, and other popular hashtags such as #instacloset, #shopmycloset, #instasale, #clothesforsale, and etc.
- The go-to payment method on Instagram is Paypal, so before you list your items for sale, make sure to create an account. Please keep in mind that PayPal takes a fee of each invoice, so you can include that fee when pricing your items.
We hope these tips will help you create a successful store on Instagram and start selling clothes like a pro!
other items that may be of interest to you:
- selling electronics a great business opportunity
- online store why you should be going online
- business ideas for entrepreneurs to sell online